Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Monday, May 17, 2010

one

Believe it or not, I actually had to put my thinking cap on to figure out that in order for this post to be titled "one" without being "three", since it's the first post, I had to titel all three backwards. Just a tidbit of information before I continue on with my third and final post of the day. Just the day, not the week. It's only Monday people and I'm back and cooking up a healthy storm.
(And, that could not have sounded more nerdy)

Anyway...

So, Saturday we slept in and completely skipped the breakfast time-slot. I'm proud to say that lunch was our first meal of the day!
Let me just say that Matt has been a grilling machine lately. Almost every meal he says "do you want me to grill that?" No joke. He's THAT into grilling. FINE BY ME! It tastes so good and it's less clean-up! No complaints here. Just a thankful wife to her husband for helping clean and cook, and doing it very well, might I say!

Saturday was one of those "hey, I'll grill that if you want" days. SCORE.
What did we have?

Grilled Chicken & Cheesy Three Pepper and Onion Flatbread Roll-Ups with Garlic Hummus and Tortilla Wedges

I kid you not, it tasted like a million bucks, but only cost about $8 to make!
You be the judge.

INGREDIENTS:

~6 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins, grilled with Kroger Chicken Grill Seasoning

~1 Package whole weat flatbread/naan
~1 Tbs. olive oil
~1/4 Tbs. salt
~1/4 Tbs. pepper
~Water, to sprinkle on flatbread
~1 Package frozen Kroger Meal Ready 3 Pepper & Onion Blend, sauteed
~1/4 Cup shredded mozzerella

DIRECTIONS:

~Place flatbread onto baking sheet and drizzle a few drops of water. Brush olive oil, salt & pepper onto bread. Bake @ 400* for 3-4 minutes
~Place grilled chicken, veggie mix & cheese onto one side of the flatbread, fold over & enjoy!

*Please refer to the Valentine's Day post for the hummus & tortilla wedges recipes.

I like to think of this little meal as "Medditeranean in Minutes"
(And that's the second nerdy comment for this post)

Matt said "This is ridiculous...this needs to be a regular thing"
I am in 100% agreement.

No comments:

Post a Comment