Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Friday, March 11, 2011

do you groupon?

I'm Ron Burgundy? (Please, please PLEASE tell me you've seen Anchor Man.)
Anyway... Turns out Groupon is AWESOME. Why? Well, the deals typically run between 50%-90% off the original price. I know this is a food blog, but hear me out...this IS actually about food. It's just, well, we're not cooking it. So, the other day we purchased out very first Groupon. I signed us up for email alerts a long time ago thinking "this could be a good way to get some stuff". Since the New Year, Matt & I have taken turns planning a date night every week. Matt planned the first week, I planned the next...you get it. Last week was my week to plan and we got an email with a Groupon for $15 for $30 worth of sushi @ Zake Sushi Lounge Downtown. If you know us, you know we really (really, really) like sushi. And, two of our favorite people, my sister Maren and her hubs Phillip took us to Zake right after they started dating. It's so good...the atmosphere is very nice, too. Romantic/modern. I love it. So, all that goes to say, we're big fans of Groupon now! We're going to Zake tonight (YESSSSSSSSSS!) We were unable to have my date night last week so, we're having mine tonight and Matt's tomorrow. Woohoo! Double date weekend :)
Promise I'll post more recipes later.

~Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment