Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Wednesday, September 8, 2010

yum-diddly-yumcious.

Yep. I made up a word, or phrase, what have you. That's basically the only thing that aptly describes these cookies. I'm serious. Here's how these came to be. Matt & I are over at Jess' watching a movie with her. It's been about an hour since we ate the insanely yummy veggie soup she made us for dinner. Man oh man, I can't wait to get that recipe! Anyway...so, we're sitting down and Jess says "You know what I'm craving? Warm, yummy chocolate chip cookies." That's all it took for me. I was on it! "I'll make them!" I said. Obviously Jess nor Matt had any objections. So, I literally jumped off the loveseat and ran to the computer to...you guessed it, Google "easy chocolate chip cookie recipe". Hey, don't judge. That's what that site it there for! Works every time. Might I also add that I am so thankful for cooking sites like allrecipes.com. Often times a literal life, er, uh, dinner saver! So, I took the laptop into the kitchen and went to work. I was running back and forth between the movie and baking. I wish I could say I was burning off the soon-to-be-eaten calories from the warm delights, but, I wasn't I know I wasn't. And guess what, I didn't care. We never, I repeat, N-E-V-E-R eat chocolate chip cookies. I swear when Jess said that she wanted some, I was like a kid in a candy store, or a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber (sp?) concert, minus the crying and obscene amounts of makeup. Anyway, I'm rambling again, aren't I? YIKES.
I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Here's the low-down on the how-to! Enjoy!!!

NOTE: In place of using butter, you can use margarine or SmartBalance. Also, in place of sugar you can use Splenda, as well was using the Splenda Brown Sugar Baking Blend for brown sugar!

What you'll need:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, but walnuts, macadamia and hazelnuts would be good, too)

What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Cream the butter,sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add it to the dough along with salt. Mix in the flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans. (I greased ours, just to be safe! Never hurts)
Bake for about 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bottoms/edges are brown.

EAT 'EM UP!
Jess' take: These are so good. No, these are like really, really good.
Matt's take: MMMMMMMMMm...
My take: I had three for breakfast this morning. I think that speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment