Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Monday, September 13, 2010

citrus cilantro butter

Put it on corn. Fresh, grilled corn. That's what we did. I'm going to keep this short. Matt grilled for us yesterday. My parents came over and it was such a great time! I've said a bazillion times but, I'll say it again. Matt= Grill Extraordinaire.
I wanted to pretend like I had anything to do with the meal, so I made this butter for the corn. Boy oh boy did it taste good!!!

What you'll need:
4 Lg. ears fresh corn, shucked
4 Tbs. SmartBalance
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
1/2 Tsp. salt
1 Tbs. cilantro leaves, chopped
Juice of 1 small lemon or lime (we only had lemons, but I think lime would be tastier)

What to do:
~In a small, 6 oz. ramekin or small bowl, melt the SmartBalance
~Add the rest of ingredients to melted SmartBalance and stir
~Using a pastry or basting brush, cover each pice of corn before OR after the corn is grilled.
*We did it before. It was delightful. However, I think if you really want the citrus and cilantro flavors, it may be better to add to the corn after it's grilled. I think we'll do that next time!

Short. Simple. Fresh. Yum.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment