Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Monday, April 5, 2010

menu...who knew?

That's right, we've made a menu for the week. No surprise there. We make a menu every week. Most often the "menu" only consists of about 4-5 meals at home and 2-3"wing-it" nights or "dinner with so-and-so". Not this week! This week we're not going to eat out. Not once. Wingin' it is fun, and we LOVE having dinner with family and friends, but this week, every dinner is planned I'm so excited about this. Don't get me wrong, I love eating out. I enjoy people making the food for me, and I enjoy ingredients that I typically don't purchase for one reason or another, but when it comes down to it, I think I'd rather eat at home. It's so personal. You know EXACTLY what is going into your food and it's a good way to spend time as a family or couple. We love cooking at home, shoot, that's the whole reason we have this blog.
So, I'm doing somehting a little out-of-the-norm this week by posting a menu of what we'll have every night this week. There's two parts to this revelation:

1) We haven't posted in, oh, over a week (sighs)...so it's something to post;

2) This way, since you know what we're having, you can keep me/us accountable to post the recipes, and all the good stuff.

What's on the menu, you say?

Well here it is:

Monday~ Grilled chicken with feta & asparagus with garlicky slivered almonds

Tuesday~ Slow-cooker sausage & beans

Wednesday~ Hollywood-style turkey burgers with bakes zucchini fries

Thursday~ Chicken vindaloo with curried vegetables

Friday~ Lamb chops with pistachio gremolata & panzanella

Saturday~ Steak with bleu cheese crumbles & steamed broccoli with
Dessert: ricotta cheesecake with lemon drizzle

Sunday~ Baked tilapia in parchment with Asian-style veggies

TADA!

2 comments:

  1. Um, yum! Is there a night I can ditch my fam and eat with yours?

    Hey, we had this amazing vegetable frittata on Easter, with peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, etc... I am going to get the recipe from my MIL and post it on my blog. It was totally tubular!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need to do dinner one night! That would be wonderful!!! As for the fritatta, that sounds crazy good. I want the recipe...I'll be checking your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete