Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Monday, April 12, 2010

panzanella

I know, it's such a weird name...and to be honest, I'm probably not spelling it correctly. And to be even more honest, I'm not sure anyone expects me to spell it correctly. Ah, I love my friends. No judging. Just laughs and good food...and so many other things...all good of course.
So, Saturday night we had lamb chops. Yep, the same recipe posted under the "lamb chops" entry. So, the new addition? Well, two changes. One, Matt grilled the chops this time. SO. STINKING. GOOD. (Thanks again, baby!)
Two, we had panzanella salad with it.
If you like Italian food, and if you like tomatoes and cucumbers...this recipe is for you. Literally. I'm giving it to you. :-)

This time, I'm going to combine the "INGREDIENTS" & "DIRECTIONS" portions of the entry.

Here goes:

Chop 1 cucumber, 2 roma tomatoes, 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, 2 green onions and put them into a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar & 2 Tbs. olive oil. Finally, add salt & pepper to taste. Mix together and refrigerate for about 20 minutes, serve.

No lie. I used to eat this all the time as a kid. I never knew it was called panzanella. In fact, that word kind of gets on my nerves. For the sake of this blog, it is now called "hey, make that good salad with the tomatoes & cucumbers & stuff!"
That's more like it.

For the record, when I hit the trusty spell check, "panzanella" is, of course, unrecognized. Spell check offers suggestions like "Pensecola" and "penninsula". Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment