Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Friday, April 9, 2010

steak and cheese.

And not the kind you think. Well, unless you already read our menu for the week and you know that we're having Steak with Bleu Cheese & Steamed Broccoli one night. I must say, we switched it up. The menu, that is. We weren't supposed to have it until Friday or Saturday. However, life throws us for a loop sometimes, in this case, the "loop" was getting off of work late and still having to run errands AND hit the gym. So, the chicken vindaloo that cooks in the crock pot will have to wait. In fact, we're having it tonight. I know this FOR SURE. :-)
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Matt. Is. The. Grill-Master. He loves grilling, and I am so thankful. I know it's hard to believe but, sometimes I'm not up for cooking! I'm pretty sure we've all been there, and if you haven't, I assure you, it's coming soon!
I think Matt was secretly happy we got to have our steaks earlier in the week.
Nothing wrong with that!
I'm just going to set a couple of things straight:

1) I used to never, I repeat NEVER eat steak before I met Matt. I used to not watch baseball either (gasp!). I do both now, and enjoy it!

2) Bleu cheese, schmoo cheese. used to hate that, too. However, I found that buying "lite" bleu cheese is so much milder and less blue? I don't know. I'm just saying that it's growing on me...well, the reduced fat kind anyway. Hey, baby steps, you know?

Enough rambling on my part. Here's how to make it!

Grilled Steak & Bleu Cheese with Steamed Broccoli

INGREDIENTS
Desired amount of ribeye steaks (obviously, we had two)
1 Tsp. Kroger Grill Time Steak Seasoning
2 Tbs. Worcestershire
1 Bunch broccoli
1/2 Cup water
2 Tbs. reduced-fat bleu cheese crumbles

DIRECTIONS
Heat grill to high.
Place seasoning & Worcestershire onto steaks and grill to desired doneness.
(We did ours medium to medium-well which is about 6 minutes on each side)
Meanwhile, place water and broccoli into a saucepan and bring to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil, immediately reduce heat to Low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Place cheese crumbles onto steaks, serve.

That's it.
So good.
Side note: tonight will be our fifth consecutive night to cook at home. I can't believe it. It's so fun to cook together. We're loving this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment