Well, hello there!

Well, hello there!
Matt & I in Costa Rica over Christmas...So beautiful there!
It's simple. Really. We're a young married couple that loves cooking together. We always try to eat healthy and, if it's simple and doesn't break the bank, we're into that, too! We hope you'll visit often and tell us what you think about what we're cooking! We'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note, a suggestion or a recipe!













Wednesday, April 7, 2010

mmm...beans.

Beans are good in almost any dish. They're pretty universal in that most cuisines use them in many dishes. They're also pretty inexpensive...hey, I'm just sayin'.
So, last night, per our pre-set menu for the week, we had Slow-cooker Sausage & Beans.
Yum. I've made this before, and everyone knows I LOOOOOOVE using the crock pot, but this time a made a few little adjustments. So, without further adue, here's how to make it!

Slow-cooker Sausage & Beans

INGREDIENTS
1 - 1 1/4 Lb. lean (90/10) smoked turkey sausage OR hot Italian turkey sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
(I made it with the Italian this time, but I prefer the smoked...however, Matt loves both apparently, so either one is highly acceptable)

1 Yellow bell pepper, chopped (I forgot to get this, so I just used the green)
1 Green bell pepper, chopped
1 Packet reduced-sodium chilli seasoning
1 14 oz. Can chopped tomatoes with jalapenos
1 14 oz. Can black beans
1 14 oz. Can hot chilli beans (I didn't have those either, so I used Ranch-style)
1 14 oz. Can red beans

DIRECTIONS
Place all ingredients into a slow-cooker/crock pot and stir together.
Cook on Medium for 4 hours. Or, if you don't have a Medium setting, cook on High for two hours and Low for two hours. That's what I have to do, and both times it's been great. No biggie!
Serve over brown rice if you like!

How was it?
Like I said, I've made it twice now and it's been good both times! No complaints here. It's healthy, filling and so easy it's silly! I literally prepped the entire thing in about 4 minutes. Now that's easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment